C-Flex® is a unique, patented thermoplastic elastomer specifically designed to meet the critical demands of the medical, pharmaceutical, research, biotech and diagnostics industries. Its unique features include the ability to seal and weld the tubing, making Aseptic connection and disconnection a simple procedure using the appropriate machinery.
The product is also available as overmoulded manifolds and stoppers.
Now available in Braided version for higher pressures.
C-Flex® is a unique, patented thermoplastic elastomer specifically designed to meet the critical demands of the medical, pharmaceutical, research, biotech and diagnostics industries.
C-Flex® biopharmaceutical tubing has been used by many of the world’s leading biotech and pharmaceutical processing companies for over 20 years. Each coil of C-Flex® tubing is extruded to precise ID, OD and wall dimensions. All tubing is formulated to meet the standards of the biopharmaceutical industry and is QA tested before leaving our production facility.
• Complies with USP 24/NF19, Class VI, FDA and USDA standards
• Manufactured under strict GMPs
• Non-pyrogenic, non-cytotoxic, non-hemolytic
• Chemically resistant to concentrated acids and alkalis
• Significantly less permeable than silicone
• Low platelet adhesion and protein binding
• Ultra-smooth inner bore
• Superior to PVC for many applications, with significantly fewer TOC extractables
• Longer peristaltic pump life
• Heat-sealable, bondable and formable
• Remains flexible from -50°F to 275°F
• Sterilizable by radiation, ETO, autoclave or chemicals
• Available in animal derived component free (ADCF), clear and opaque formulations
• Lot traceable
• Safer disposal through incineration
• Cell culture media and fermentation
• Diagnostic equipment
• Pharmaceutical, vaccine and botanical product production
• Pinch valves
• High-purity water
• Reagent dispensing
• Medical fluid/drug delivery
• Dialysis and cardiac bypass
• Peristaltic pump segments
• Sterile filling and dispensing systems
C-Flex® braided tubing is an ultra-flexible, high-purity option for applications where thermoplastic tubing is desired but the pressure requirements exceed those that can be accommodated by a non-reinforced thermoplastic product. Manufactured from the finest grade of thermoplastic materials – C-Flex® formula 082; clear, animal derived component free resin; and reinforcing polyester braid – this new offering from Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics is fully characterized, validated and tested to a variety of specifications. Our manufacturing facility can create unique color-coded systems, sizes and coil lengths to meet your particular application needs.
• Biopharmaceutical grade
• Pressure rating 5 times greater than unbraided options
• Ultra-flexible, with improved bend radius over non-reinforced tubing
• Autoclavable and gamma sterilizable
• Temperature range of -50°F to 250°F (-45°C to 121°C)
• Available in 25-foot lengths
• Cell cultures
• Vessel and tank transfer
• Pump applications
• Cold storage
• C-Flex® braided tubing can be provided with overmolded polypropylene tri-clamp adapters; contact us for special quotes.